Who's Your Flattie Daddy?" presented by FishStix
1. Tournament begins Saturday October 15th at 7:00 A.M. and ends at 3:00 P.M.
2. Weigh in line opens at 10:00 A.M. sharp to weigh in and will close at 3:00 P.M. NO ONE CAN WEIGH FISH IF NOT IN LINE BY 3:00 P.M.
3. All Texas Parks and Wildlife rules and laws will be enforced.
4. This is an individual tournament- no pooling fish. DO NOT GIVE FISH TO NON-TOURNAMENT ANGLERS.
5. The tournament is open to Kayak fishing, bank fishing, wade fishing, pier fishing and boat fishing!
6. ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT ON ROD AND REEL ONLY!!!- no gigging!
7. Everyone on your boat MUST be entered in the tournament!
8. Artificial Lure, dead bait, live bait, and cut-bait are allowed.
9. Any Fish that is Deemed Illegal will result in all of the contestant’s fish, in all categories to be disqualified. This includes mutilated and altered fish.
10. Fishing Boundaries- You may fish in an body of water that is located in Texas. You must NOT start fishing until 7 A.M. and Must be standing in line to weigh in by 3:00 P.M. sharp.
11. An adult must accompany any minor that is under the age of 16 unless permission is granted from us.
12. You may only use the same fish for one Category.
13. You must know what category you are entering before getting in line.
14. At the discretion of the organizer, a polygraph may be required to claim prize.
15. The number of entrants in the tournament will determine the amount of money that is paid out.
16. Guides are allowed to fish and/or guide in this tournament.
17. The Tournament will pay out 3 places in Each of the following categories
A. Heavy Flounder
B. Heavy Stringer (five flounder max- doesn’t have to be 5)
C. Black Jack Flounder (Closest to 21” without going over)
D. Toaster Flounder (Smallest Combined Length of 2 Legal Flounder)
18. –SPECIAL-2022 FishStix performance tournament shirts will be for sale. If you buy a shirt before the tournament and wear the shirt to weigh-in, YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR 1ST - 5TH PLACE AND you will be ELIGIBLE FOR OUR 2.5 LBS. FLOUNDER CATEGORY, AND WHEEL OF FLOUNDER CATEGORY that is only for shirt buyers.
19. 2022 Bonus hats are for sale. If you buy the bonus hat and wear it to weigh-in and finish in top 3 of any category then you will receive free entry towards next year's tournament.
20. The Tournament weigh in will be at
The Galveston County Fair Grounds
10 Jack Brooks Road
Hitchcock, TX 77563
21. You do not have to check in before fishing and you may launch or walk on/in to any legal property or boat ramp.
22. There will be a Captains meeting at the FISHSTIX STORE on Friday, October 14, 2022. The meeting is not mandatory to show up.
23. Anglers can protest up to 30 minutes after weigh-in closes. This gives anybody the chance to have us Polygraph any individual that you believe may have broken the rules. To Protest you will need to have a $300 deposit that is refundable if the protester is correct via the polygraph results.
24.We will pay out an extra $250 for HEAVIEST FLOUNDER weighed in each hour in the HEAVIEST FLOUNDER CATEGORY from 10am until 3pm (10-11am; 11am-12pm; 12pm-1pm; 1pm-2pm; 2pm-3pm)
25. All ties will be broken according to the sequential order they were weighed in. The earlier fish weighed in will beat the fish that was weighed in later.
IF you finish 1st place in "Heavy Flounder" category, and do so with an exact weight of something .00 then you win $25,000 dollars. (Example- if you finish 1st place heavy flounder with an exact weight of 4.00, 5.00, 6.00, 7.00, 8.00,....... then you win $25,000 dollars.)
IF you finish 1st place in "Heavy Stringer of Flounder" category, and do so with an exact weight of something .00 then you win $25,000 dollars. (Example- if you finish 1st place Stinger of flounder with an exact weight of 7.00, 8.00, 9.00, 10.00, 11.00, 12.00 13.00 ect........ then you win $25,000 dollars.)
IF you finish 10th place in "Heavy Flounder" category, and do so with an exact weight of something .00 then you win a new Chevy Truck valued at $50,000. (Example- if you finish 10th place heavy flounder with an exact weight of 4.00, 5.00, 6.00, 7.00, 8.00,....... then you win The Chevy Truck.)
If you finish 10th place "Heavy Stringer of Flounder" and you do so with any exact weight, then you will win a new Ram Truck valued at $50,000. (Example- if you finish 10th place in Heavy Stringer Flounder category and you do so by weighing in a stringer of fish that weighs exactly 1.00, 2.00, 3.00, 4.00, 5.00, 6.00, 7.00, 8.00 9.00....ect. then you will win The Ram Truck.)
**FISHSTIX and Tournament Sponsors shall not be held liable for any injury or illness that may occur during the fishing tournament or weigh in ceremony. By registering for this tournament, you and your party agree to these terms and conditions.